emma mcgann

jumping on the blogwagon

Thursday, 11 June 2009

Eden Acoustic

On the 5th May I started doing another night down at Eden Bar on Ryley Street called the Eden Acoustic. It's going really well so far, more and more people seem to be coming each week which is a good sign considering the location of the place. It's a bit out of the way and most people I talk to are like, 'so where's that again?' - but it seems to have found itself on the map now. We had the Acapellafellas and the Oolites down on the launch night which was brilliant :)



It's proving a little hard to juggle shifts at the pub with the acoustic night and gigs of my own but I seem to be managing it somehow :)

Mr Jonny Nichold's, frontman from the Bellows has started a new night down Inspire every other Thursday called Jonny's Broken Mic. I've popped down a couple of times now and it's a brilliant atmosphere. No rules, just a nice crowd, open mic's and instruments and drinks. Oh, and a megaphone :)

I recently popped down to Brighton to visit Claire and have decided that I actually want to live there. If only I could! Everythings so quirky with little tucked away shops on cobbled streets leading down to the beach. I've heard the music scene down there's on it's feet so me and James are thinking of taking a week off to stay down there and write the album and do some gigs.

Godiva finals have just gone by too. It's such a shame that Reuben's Cane didn't get through, I reckon they deserved a slot. Although I think they'll definitely get bigger offers in the future. Newton Faulkner's playing Godiva this year so there's every reason to go down still... although they still have the drinking ban which is a load of crap.

I saw Andy McKee at Taylor John's on the 20th May too! I can't actually put into words how much I enjoyed that evening. The guy's unbelievable. When I heard he was coming to Coventry I HAD to get a ticket. I remember watching him for the first time on YouTube when I was like, 15 or something. It wasn't too busy either. It's a small venue but I preferred it as it was. We were all just sat on the floor watching him. The Tin and Taylor John's seem to share a same relaxed atmosphere.

Me and Katie organised a charity event at the Campbell on the 24th May called Bank Holiday Lovin'. Went down a treat :) It was for a charity that Katie works for called SoLo. We had a lot on that day. I put on loads of acoustic sets outside in the beer garden from 2pm. The BBQ was on the go, we had a raffle. Was a great day. And the weather was perfect! Not a spot of rain thankfully. We had Momma's in the Kitchen, the Shortlist & Marble Skyes play upstairs in the club later on at night too. We raised around £850 I think! Good times! Ever so glad it went so well.


Looking through my diary now I didn't realise how busy I've been!

It was my birthday on the 29th May too, was booked in to play the Tuns but unfortunately it shut down :( Was so bummed out when I heard. So instead we had lunch at Browns, viewed some art at the Degree Show and then got rather drunk at the Campbell :) Tha Saturday was the Godiva finals. Wasn't happy that Reubens Cane didn't get through but very glad the Satin Dolls did. They deserve it for sure.

I think I've covered everything! Got quite a few things lined up in the future to get ready for too.
'Fall Into Me' is being played tonight and on Saturday on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Introducing which is pretty cool. It'll be on iTunes soon with some luck!

I'm running a couple of nights down at Esquire's Coffee House called 'Spotlight' in June and July aswell. Fingers crossed it goes down all right. :)


I've just started revising properly for my Music Theory Exam which is next week. I'm not too worried about it, although I probably should have revised more a bit earlier! Still looking forward to starting Music Compostion in September too! :) I'm moving out into a flat with James and Rich in early July which will be really ideal as it's literally on the uni's doorstep... as well as the Campbell's! Not sure how I feel about living with two guys though. They've mentioned naked Sundays which is worrying. Don't believe I'll be participating in that!

Think that's all for now ya know. :) Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment